Let the Countdown Begin
3 — 2 — 1
It’s almost here and we couldn’t be more excited. Band camp will begin Monday, so here are a few updates/reminders:
Band Camp Cost: $150.00 (total for both weeks)
Band Camp Dates for Week 1: July 23, 24, 25, 26
Start/End Time: 8:30 AM — 6:00 PM
Band Camp Dates for Week 2: July 30, 31, August 1, 2, 3
Start/End Time: 8:30 AM — 5:30 PM
Leadership Start Time: 8:00 AM
Students must be checked in and ready to start by 8:30 AM. Allow extra time for check-in.
Friends & Family Performance and BBQ
Date: August 4, 2018
Student Practice: 10:00 AM — 12:00 Noon (bring side dishes before practice)
Performance Begins: 12:00 Noon
Side Dishes by Section: Woodwinds bring dessert
Brass bring pasta salad and/or potato salad
Percussion & Front Ensemble bring green salad, salad dressing, tomato & lettuce cut
Colorguard bring chips
All band parents/caregivers and students are encouraged to attend the Orientation Meeting.
Freshman & New Family Orientation/Booster Meeting will take place Tuesday, July 24th at 6:00 PM in the band room.
Returning Families Orientation / Booster Meeting will be on Tuesday, July 31st at 6:00 PM in the band room.
Attached are the 3 forms required for Band Camp. Most of you completed at Mini-Camp. One form needs Notarized. There will be a Notary at check in on Monday if you need one.
VOLUNTEERS: We could use volunteers at check-in, AM and PM Snacks and serving lunch. If you are available please send me call/text me 813-355-7970 or send me an email.
Students — Don’t Forget . . .
* Wear comfortable clothes. No dark colors, long pants or long sleeves. Students will spend hours in the hot sun.
* Must wear athletic shoes (sneakers/tennis shoes). No Crocs, Vans, flip flops, Sperry’s, or those similar permitted.
* BRING YOUR CAMELBAK FILLED WITH WATER EVERY DAY!!!!!
* Lunch — Meal deals are $7 each. Must be paid in cash or check. Full week payments will be accepted on Monday of each week. I am working on finalizing the menu and will send an email tomorrow. If not purchasing the meal deal be sure to bring lunch from home. Stay away from dairy, foods/drinks with lots of sugar, and carbonated beverages during band camp weeks.
* Feel free to change into a different shirt during lunch.
* Students are encouraged to bring snacks. It’s a long day – they will need to keep their energy level up.
* Finally, don’t forget your instrument & music.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tammie Sidwell, Secretary
Durant Music Boosters Board