Hello Cougar Pride Marching Band Families! A new school year has begun and I hope the first few days were good ones. Here are a few bits of information as we begin the year and prepare for after school practices, as well as, football games.
GENERAL BOOSTER MEETING
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Band or Chorus Room
Our first General Booster Meeting, will be an important one. We will present the budget for review and approval, roll out our Bourbon & Boweties Bracelet Fundraiser, and will discuss other activities of the booster organization. Please plan to attend this important first meeting.
August 15th – General Booster Meeting
August 23rd – New York Trip Deposits due
August 25th – Spirit Shirt Fundraiser due
September 16th – Rehearse-A-Thon (all day practice)
Consult Charms for a complete list of dates and information for upcoming events.
TUESDAY/THURSDAY PRACTICES – Remember to bring . . .
- Snacks (it’s a long stretch to dinner)
Tuesday practices will end at 7:00 PM. Thursday practices will end at 8:00 PM.
Mark your calendars for a full day of rehearsal on Saturday, September 16th from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- For the first game (Aug. 18th), students will wear their navy Durant shorts, green spirit shirt, Durant ball caps, and camelbak. If your student is missing any one of these items, please contact Stephanie Grandstaff at email@example.com.
- Students will go directly to the band room after school on game day. They will have a short practice, dress out in their uniforms, eat family dinner, and prepare for the game.
- Only band members and chaperones are permitted in the band room on game day.
While in the stands of the football stadium . . .
- Band students are encouraged to stay hydrated using their camelbak. No other food or drink are permitted.
- For the safety of our students and their instruments, friends and family are not permitted in the area where the band is seated. Please speak with a chaperone if you need to get in touch with your student.
- Band students are not permitted to go anywhere without permission and a chaperone.
Thank you to the families who volunteered to provide our students with dinner for the first three games. We need meals to feed our students for the remaining games. Please check your calendars and see what works for you.
HOW CAN FAMILIES GET INVOLVED . . .VOLUNTEER!
Each home game requires approximately 50 volunteers. Our program relies heavily on family and friends volunteering.
Approximately 40 volunteers are needed to work concessions, chaperone, and feed our band students during Friday Night Dinner.
Additional volunteers are needed to help move props and equipment.
Remember . . . each family is required to work 3 fall concessions events – 1 being a Varsity football game. Check your calendar now to find a date that is convenient for you.
Band Camp Dues $150 Fair Share Dues $300 if paid before 8/31/17, after it goes up to $325
Dues can be paid via check or Pay Pal. If you pay via check, please include your student’s name and what the payment is for on the outside of the envelope, then drop it in the safe in the band room.
If using Pay Pal to get the early payment discount prior to the August 31st deadline, please put it under “miscellaneous”. Our Treasurer will make an adjustment for the early payment discount.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the first General Meeting next week. Until then, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact any board member for assistance.
Lisa Thomas, Secretary
Durant Music Boosters