Good morning CPMB family,
Congratulations to all of our students that participated in State Solo and Ensemble assessment, last Friday at Apopka High School! We were fortunate to have over 30 students participating in 10 different events (solo and or ensemble) plus the Jazz Ensemble. Out of those 10 events, 7 received a rating of SUPERIOR, 1 received a SUPERIOR “with distinction” rating, & 2 received EXCELLENT ratings. For the second year in a row the DHS Jazz Ensemble received straight EXCELLENT ratings! Dennis and I could not be more proud of our students and their hard work. Bravo!!
Speaking of hard work, I would like to invite all of you to join the DHS Winterguard this Thursday for their FFCC Championships “Friends and Family” show. The show will start at 8:00 in the DHS gymnasium and is Free of charge! This will be the team’s final performance before taking the floor at championships and I know they would appreciate having a crowd to perform for on Thursday evening so, please plan on attending!!
A special thank you needs to go out to Jennifer Fesperman for organizing our annual clay shoot, the DHS booster board for helping make sure the event ran smoothly on Saturday and, to Lisa Ledbetter and Aaron Crampton for their help on Saturday. I think those of you that participated on Saturday would agree that the event ran smoothly and a good time was had by everyone.
At our next general booster meeting, the membership will be electing next year’s board members. Please keep in mind that these positions are open to ALL members of the booster club. As I have said before, it should be our mission to elect the right person for each position, not the only person. If you have an interest in serving and being a leader in our parent organization but have reservations or questions, please give me a call or stop by so we may speak in person. Remember, the primary function of our booster organization is to provide support (morally as well as financially) to our students and to enhance their music experience.
Here are this weeks upcoming events:
Monday, March 27th:
- Grill Event, 5:00-9:00 – Flag Football
Tuesday, March 28th:
- Winterguard rehearsal, 5:30 – 8:30
- Newsome Indoor “Friends and Family” Show, 6:00 in Newsome’s Gym.
- Grill Event, 5:45-9:30 – Baseball & Softball
Wednesday, March 29th:
- Wind Ensemble, 3:30-5:00 – Mr. Ivan Wansley will be our guest clinician.
Thursday, March 30th:
- Grill Event, 4:00-9:00 – Boys & Girls Lacrosse
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 4:30-7:30
- Winterguard “Friends and Family” Show, 8:00 in the DHS Gym
Friday, March 31st:
- FFCC Championships in Daytona – A detailed schedule will be sent out to all DHS Winterguard members via email, this afternoon.
- Grill Event, 4:00-9:00, Girls Lacrosse
Have a great week!