Good morning CPMB family,
I hope this message finds everyone well after a much deserved and needed spring break! It is hard to believe we are already in the last 9 weeks of school the year, yet we still have much to accomplish!
Speaking of accomplishments…I would like to take a moment to thank everyone that assisted with our FFCC show last weekend. As hectic and as busy as things appeared from outside, I received numerous compliments from other directors regarding how well organized the show was. That is saying something since, as most of you know, we band directors are a fickle bunch and can always find something to complain about! A special thank you also goes out to Missie Flynn for spearheading the planning of this event, and to the DHS Booster Board for their hard work behind the scenes. As I mentioned in one of my last Music Notes, it really does take a village! Bravo!!
If you were unable to attend our last booster meeting and still have not yet heard the good news, allow me to be first to share with you that…the DHS Wind Ensemble has been accepted to perform at the National Band and Orchestra Festival in New York City! The festival will take place in March of 2018 and our Wind Ensemble will play on the legendary stage of Carnegie Hall! This is a tremendous accomplishment for our kids and I sincerely hope all of you are as proud of this band as I am. Details regarding this trip including but not limited to, pricing, itinerary and dates, will be forthcoming so please be on the lookout.
Those of you interested in attending a summer band, percussion or guard camp I encourage you to check out the following websites. All of these schools have been hosting summer camps for many years and do a tremendous job of providing students with a quality experience. Remember, students in good standing may use funds from their student account to help pay summer camp tuition costs. Please let me know ASAP if you plan on taking advantage of this new policy.
Florida State: http://music.fsu.edu/summermusiccamps
University of Georgia: http://summercamp.uga.edu
Florida Southern: flsouthern.edu/bandcamp
Up coming events:
Monday, March 20th
- Battery Percussion Clinic, 4:30-7:00 – All students wanting to play a battery percussion instrument need to be in attendance.
Tuesday, March 21st
- Grill Concession Event, 5:00-9:00 – Varsity/ JV Flag football vs. Newsome & Baseball/ Softball vs. Plant City
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:50-8:30
Wednesday, March 22nd
- Wind Ensemble Rehearsal, 3:30-5:00
- Front Ensemble Clinic, 6:00-8:00 – All mallet players need to be in attendance
Thursday, March 23rd
- Grill Concession Event, 4:00-9:00 – Boys/ Girls Lacrosse vs. Newsome
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:30-8:30
Friday, March 24th
- State Solo/ Ensemble and Jazz Band Assessment at Apopka High School – Performance Times as well as other important information has been emailed to those students involved.
Tuesday, March 28th
- Newsome Indoor Percussion Friends & Family Performance, 6:30 in the Newsome High School Gym – We have three DHS students participating and I know they would love to see some familiar faces in the audience!
Thursday, March 30th
- Winterguard Friends & Family Performance, 8:00 in the DHS gym – This will be the team’s final performance and “send off” before taking the floor at Championships! If you still haven’t had the pleasure of seeing “Read All About It”, make plans to be there, you wont be disappointed!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me! Have a great week!