Good evening CPMB Family-
I hope this finds everyone rested and those of you fortunate enough to have Presidents day off, I hope it was spent with loved ones. To those of you that were able to make it out to the booster meeting and concert last Thursday evening, I would like to thank you on behalf of the students. Having a strong parent and family presence at meetings and performances reassures our students that the hard work they put in to making our program one of the best in the county and state, is worth every minute.
As you know our band program would not be able exist or achieve the level of success it has without the support of our families. Being an active participant of this program is an important part of your child’s success. As a member of the Cougar Pride family we have an opportunity to create a partnership with our students and actively partake in an exciting mutual journey of success. Band is truly a family affair!
As you read this, you may be asking yourself “but what can I do to help?” This question is asked more than any other and there are an endless number of possible answers. Whatever expertise or skill you bring will be a vital asset and much appreciated:
Accounting Engineering Retail
Communication Inventory Sales
Construction Law Mechanics
Sewing Writing Woodworking
…and on…and on…and on…
Band parents provide the tools of every trade, which allows our students to focus on musicality and performance, which in turn allows for a richer experience. Without fail, everyone has something to give. However, and I say this with all sincerity, your most important contribution is simply your presence. Being involved sends a powerful message to your child. You have become a model of commitment and dedication and there is no substitute for this priceless gift. It is without a doubt one of the most essential elements in guaranteeing educational success for our students and it is also fun!!!!!
As we begin the process of nominating parents for next year’s board positions, I ask that you keep in mind what role you can play in the continued success of our program. Our students need you.
Here are some upcoming events to be aware of:
Tuesday, Feb 21st:
- Symphonic Band rehearsal, 3:30-5:00 – All members (including percussion) need to be in attendance. We only have a week and half left before MPA!!!!
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:30-8:30 @ DHS
- Mandatory Winterguard Parent Meeting, 7:30 – This meeting is in regards to our FFCC show on March 11th. The show is now only 3 weeks away and we have much to do to be ready!
- Grill Concession Event, 5:30-9:30 – Middle school soccer, TC vs. Mulrennan
Wednesday, Feb 22nd:
- Wind Ensemble rehearsal, 3:30-5:30 – Dr. Jeff Traster, former Director of Bands at the University of Tampa (retired) will be our guest clinician. All members, including percussion need to be in attendance. This is our last guest clinician so let’s make it count!
- Front Ensemble Clinic, 6:00-8:00 – Mandatory for all returning students that will be playing a mallet instrument in the fall. This is to make up for last weeks cancellation.
Thursday, Feb 23th:
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:30-8:30 @ Mulrennan – Please remember that all of our remaining Thursday rehearsals will be held at Mulrennan.
- Battery Percussion Clinic, 5:00-8:00 – Anyone interested in playing a battery percussion instrument next fall should be in attendance.
Friday, March 3rd:
- FBA Concert Band Assessment @ the USF Concert Hall – Both the Symphonic Band (12:30 performance time) and Wind Ensemble (6:00 performance time) will be participating in this event. A detailed itinerary will be sent out this week via Charms email so please be on the lookout.
Monday, March 6th:
- Strawberry Festival Parade, Times TBA – All members of the CPMB are required to be in attendance for this performance. A detailed itinerary will be sent out the week before.
Tuesday, March 7th:
- General Booster meeting, 6:30 in the DHS Band room – This will be a mandatory meeting for all students and parents in the DHS band program. A special announcement will be made and I guarantee you will not want to miss it!
Friday, March 10th & Saturday, March 11th:
- FFCC Set-up and show day – As of this morning, 55 winterguards are signed up to be in attendance!! This means we will need the entire CPMB family ready to work and show these teams what Cougar Pride is all about! Please, please, please, take a moment to visit Charms and sign up for the timeframe and position you would like to work that day. The success of this event depends on ALL OF US WORKING TOGETHER!
Please check the Charms calendar for any additional events and updates not included in this email. Have a great week!!