Hello CPMB family!
As I mentioned in my note last week, our program had quite a busy weekend! The jazz band performed Thursday afternoon at their District MPA. I am please to share that, for the second year in a row, the Jazz Ensemble earned straight superior ratings and qualified to move on to the state level. On Friday we had 56 students (roughly half of our program) participate in District Solo and Ensemble MPA, at Middleton High School. Of those 56 students, 6 students received “excellent” ratings and the remaining students all received “superior” ratings! In addition, 28 of the students that earned a superior rating also qualified to move on to the state level. Then on Saturday at Riverview High School, the DHS Winterguard gave a truly amazing performance of their show, Read All About It. In fact the guard gave such a fantastic performance that they took home first place in class AAA!
It is always such a blessing to be granted the opportunity to watch our student’s hard work and preparation payoff in such an overwhelming fashion. I thank those of you that continue to support our student’s efforts as they continue to challenge their own musicianship. It is this unyielding support that makes the CPMB family truly special. Bravo!
Here are events coming up in the next few weeks:
Tuesday, Feb 14th:
- Wind Ensemble rehearsal, 3:30-5:30 – Dr. Matt McCutchen, the Director of Athletic Bands at USF, will be our guest clinician. ALL members are to be in attendance. This is a change to accommodate Dr. McCutchen’s schedule.
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:30-8:30 @ DHS
- Grill Concession Event, 5:45-9:00 – Softball vs Chamberlain
Wednesday, Feb 15th:
- Symphonic Band rehearsal, 3:30-5:00 – All members, including percussion need to be in attendance.
- Grill Concession Event, 5:00-9:30 – Middle School Soccer
- Front Ensemble Clinic, 6:00-8:00 – Mandatory for all returning students that will be playing a mallet instrument in the fall.
Thursday, Feb 16th:
- Winterguard Rehearsal, 5:30-8:30 @ Mulrennan (hopefully) I will let you know if there is a change.
- General Booster Meeting, 6:30-7:30 in the DHS Chorus room
- Pre-MPA Concert, 7:30-8:30 – This is a concert for the Jazz Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble. Because this will count as a performance grade, all members are required to be in attendance.
Saturday, Feb 18th:
- Winterguard Performance, 4:40 @ Plant City High School – Tickets are $15, please come out and support our Winterguard!!
Tuesday Feb 21st:
- Mandatory Winterguard Parent Meeting, 7:30 – This meeting is in regards to our FFCC show on March 11th. The show is now less than a month away and we have much to do to be ready!
Have a great week and I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday evening!!