Good afternoon CPMB!
I hope this message finds everyone well after the holiday weekend. I would like to thank those parents that chaperoned the Plant City MLK parade on Saturday. Being out of town for a performance is never something a band director wishes for, however, it does happen. Knowing that our students had a fantastic groups of chaperones with them helped put my mind at ease because I knew they would be well taken care of. So again, thank you for looking out for our students.
While this week is a short one of school, there are still several events on the calendar. Speaking of the calendar, I encourage all of you (students included) to regularly check the calendar for any updates and or changes that may occur. More often than not changes are made due to circumstances beyond my control and your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
Earlier in the week everyone should have received an email from booster president, Ann Fahie regarding Amanda Elnahwy serving as the Music Boosters interim treasurer. As Amanda continues to familiarize herself with the internal workings of Charms we kindly ask for everyone’s patience during this process. Should you have any questions regarding your student account, please do not hesitate to contact Amanda at the DMBtreasurer@gmail.com email address.
I would also like to congratulate the following students that will be representing Durant in the Hillsborough All County Honor Band this weekend: Joshua Green, Kai Jesson, Renee Mack, Julia Ramirez, Jared Still, Sarah Strike, Alexis Thomas. Information regarding the FREE concert that these students will be performing in can be found below. It will be a fantastic concert and I would highly encourage those of you that are able to attend to do so to support these students.
Some events for the remainder of the week and next week are as follows:
- Thursday, January 19th – the DHS Winterguard will be hosting a “Friends and Family” performance at 7:30 in the Mulrennan gymnasium. This is a change due to an event being held in the Durant Gym. All WIND & PERCUSSION students are encouraged to be in attendance to support our Winterguard program.
- Friday, January 20th – I will be off campus with the 7 students involved in the Hillsborough All County festival. A substitute will be in class and plans are in place. Students, I expect you to conduct yourselves like adults and keep in mind that your actions are a reflection of the entire music program. All of you have plenty of music to work on and I am confident you will use your time wisely.
- Friday, January 20th – Grill Concession Event, Boys Soccer (Check Charms for times and volunteer openings)
- Saturday, January 21st – The DHS Winteguard’s premiere performance of “Read All About It”! This year FFCC premiere is being held at Freedom High School in Tampa (17410 Commerce Park Blvd, Tampa, 33647) and the guard is scheduled to take the floor at 12:59 (weird I know). The cost of admission is $15 and I know the guard would love to have a big crowd cheering for them!
- Saturday, January 21st – All County concert begins at 4:00 at Leto High School (4409 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, 33614). As I mentioned earlier 7 of our students are representing DHS in this event and I can assure you, this will be a great concert! Admission is free but space is limited so if you are planning on attending I would suggest arriving a little earlier.
- Monday, January 23rd – Battery Percussion Clinic, 4:00-6:00 – This if for students that are interested in playing a battery percussion instrument for next marching season.
- Wednesday, January 25th – Café Concession Basketball (Check Charms for times and volunteer openings)
- Friday, January 26th – Café Concession Event, Basketball (Check Charms for times and volunteer openings)
Again, please check the calendar for any events that may have been updated or that I may have missed (which is highly likely). I believe that is everything for this week so make it a great one!