Good afternoon and Happy New Year!!
I hope this message finds all of the CPMB family well and ready for all of the excitement that 2017 has in store! I want to extend a sincere thank you to those family members that took time over the holidays to volunteer and work events at Raymond James. Please keep in mind that money earned by working at Raymond James can be applied to your students band fees for the 2017-2018 school year, as well as any cost for travel the band might be doing next spring.
Here is a quick glance at some upcoming events I want to bring to everyone’s attention:
- Saturday, January 7th & Sunday, January 8th – Guard staging rehearsal (9-9 on Saturday and 1-7 on Sunday). Check the Guard Facebook page for more details
- Tuesday, January 10th – 1st Booster meeting of 2017 at 6:30!
- Starting Wednesday, January 11th – Wind Ensemble will rehearse after school from 3:30-5:30 (this includes percussion). Several guest clinicians will be coming in to work with the ensemble.
- Saturday, January 14th – the CPMB will be participating in the Plant City MLK parade. A detailed itinerary containing times and meeting location is here! If you would like to chaperone this event please sign-up on Charms!
- Tuesday, January 17th – First Symphonic Band Rehearsal of the year! Only the brass and woodwind players are required to be in attendance from 3:30-5:00…NO PERCUSSION.
- Tuesday, January 17th – Bay Winds Auditions at USF. For those students interested in auditioning please visit Bay-Winds.org for audition music and details. Symphonic band members that will be auditioning for BAY Winds may leave rehearsal at 4:30 in order to make the auditions.
- Saturday, January 21st – FFCC Premiere at Freedom. This is the Durant Winter Guard’s first official competition of the year. As soon as performance times have been released I will let everyone know.
In addition, there are many DHS concession events on the calendar that need to be staffed with volunteers. Students, if you sign up to work an event you need to be responsible and make it to the event and work the time you signed up for. By not showing up and not notifying anyone, you are placing added responsibility on all of the other volunteers. If you have a legitimate conflict, please remove your name from the list on Charms so someone else may sign up in your place. If you are unsure if you have fulfilled your concession responsibility please contact the booster board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, Happy New Year and have a great weekend!