Good afternoon CPMB family!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and the opportunity to spend some much deserved quality time with family and friends. For those of you whom were able to attend the bands performance at Tropicana, I have no doubt you will agree that the band gave a tremendous performance! While the outcome was not what we had hoped for, I can honestly say with all my heart that the staff and I could not have been more proud of our students. The dedication, spirit, hard work and growth of our students this year has been truly remarkable. The staff and I look forward to seeing this ensemble continue to grow in the years to come. Thank you to everyone for making this marching band season a memorable one.
A few reminders for this week:
1) The bands Winter Concert will take place on Wednesday evening at 7:00. The event is free of charge and will feature the Jazz Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble.
2) This Friday the band will be marching in the Plant City Christmas parade. Click here for a letter with all of the details. We will need chaperones to walk with the band so, if you are interested in helping, please sign up on Charms! As always, if you have any questions after reading the letter, please do not hesitate to contact me.
3) In addition to the parade on Friday, we also have two concession events on campus; a grill event on Tuesday and a Café event on Friday. We are still looking for additional volunteers to assist with these events.
4) Winter guard auditions will begin be Thursday evening. A mandatory parent meeting will be held in the band room from7:30-8:30. The meeting will cover important information regarding the winter guard season.
5) Families going to Hawaii, you should have received an email from Mrs. Fahie reminding you of the meeting this evening as well as the after school rehearsal for the students. Important paperwork, some of which will require a signature, will be handed out which is why attendance is mandatory.
6) Next week there are several concession events that need to be staffed. With a good portion of students and families attending the trip to Hawaii, there are many slots still open to earn those fall concession credits. Remember, every band member is responsible for working 4 events or you will be charged $25 per event. Remember…WE DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY!! Operating the concession stand is our biggest priority and we can not do so without the help of parents like you. To those that have volunteered, I thank you for your time.
Thank you again to everyone for making this marching season a great one! I hope to see many of you on Wednesday evening! Have a great week!!