Good morning CPMB Family!
Congrats to the members of the CPMB on a truly outstanding performance at their FBA District 7 Music Performance Assessment! This is the second year in a row the band has earned STRAIGHT SUPERIORS, the highest rating possible at this event. Thank you to all of the families and friends that came out to Riverview to support our students. It was awesome hearing the cheers from the audience as the kids performed…I know they appreciated it!
Well, this Saturday is the day we have been preparing and rehearsing for since July, FMBC State Championships! Click here to read a document that contains very important information about the bands prelims performance on Saturday. Please read through everything carefully and, if after reading through all of the information, you still have questions please let me know and I will do my best to assist you.
One topic I would like address is the picnic lunch scheduled after our Prelims performance. Because the concession prices at the Trop are outrageous and you really don’t get, “that much bang for your buck”, we are going to have a picnic lunch catered by Publix. The lunch will consist of a 6” sub, chips, cookies and a bottle of water for $5. This ensures that all of our students will have at least one good meal that day and, won’t need to bring a ton of money to eat at the Trop. Orders are being taken today in class and we are asking that the $5 be dropped in the safe by Friday evening.
Speaking of Friday evening, this is a reminder that we will be giving a “Friends and Family” performance at 7:30 Friday evening. The students are looking forward to this because it really does get them excited for their performance! So, invite family members, friends, alumni, music lovers, or anyone else you would like to attend the performance. I will also be receiving a pie to the face. So…yeah…there is that. It is sure to be an exciting evening!
Here are some upcoming events as we head into the Thanksgiving Holiday:
Tuesday, November 8:
- CPMB Rehearsal, 3:30-6:00 (This is due to daylight savings)
- Grill Concession Event, Boys & Girls Soccer – See Charms for details and to sign-up to volunteer
- Booster Meeting, 7:00 in the DHS Chorus Room
Wednesday, November 9:
- Grill Concession Event, Middle School Track – See Charms for Details and to sign-up to volunteer
Thursday, November 10:
- Grill Concession Event, Boys and Girls Soccer – See Charms for details and to sign-up to volunteer.
- NO CPMB REHEARSAL!!!!!
Friday, November 11:
- Veterans Day, NO SCHOOL – To those CPMB family members or friends that have served or are serving in the armed forces, we thank you and appreciate your service.
- CPMB Rehearsal, 4:00-7:00
- Friends and Family Performance, 7:30
Saturday, November 12:
- FMBC State Championships – See attachment for details
Wednesday, November 16:
- All County Auditions, @ King High School – Those students that signed up to audition will receive audition information at the end of the week.
That is all for now. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding our performance on Saturday. Thank you and have a great week!