Good morning CPMB Family-
I hope this message finds everyone well, and safe, after an interesting five-day holiday/ hurricane weekend. I appreciate everyone’s patience, flexibility and understanding in regards to Friday night. I know the weather ended up being very nice but again, the administration and I thought it best to error on the side of caution. A huge thank you goes out to those of you that followed through with your commitment to work in the concession stand. I understand our new “Spirit Cups” were a hit and that we almost sold out of them! We are planning to have a new cup for this Friday’s game against Newsome so hopefully, with everyone’s help, we will have no problem selling out!
Below are some reminders of upcoming events:
Tuesday Sept 6-
- All Spirit Shirt money and forms are due in the safe by 7:00 pm. Please make sure everything is in one envelope and label with the students name.
- The CPMB will rehearse from 4-7
- This is the first rehearsal that we will start accepting products for “Pepsi Wars”. Remember, the class that brings in the most products will receive a pizza party before one of our final rehearsals and the individual that brings in the most will get to pie me in the face at our last home game…if that isn’t incentive I don’t know what is.
Thursday Sept 8–
- CPMB rehearsal from 4-8
- Bring in donations for Pepsi Wars!!!
- Concession Event: JV Football vs. Strawberry Crest – This will be a fairly decently attended game and every position available needs to be filled. Thank you to those of you that have already signed up.
Friday Sept 9–
- Home Game vs. Newsome
- Please sign up on Charms to assist with Friday dinner for our students as well as to volunteer to work in the concession stand. This will be a huge game and every position available needs to be filled. Thank you to those of you that have already signed up.
Saturday Sept 10–
- HOT Day – Those of you that registered should have received an email from me last week containing important information. I will be sending out another email later this week with a few more reminders so please be on the look out.
Saturday September 17–
- CPMB Rehearse-a-thon from 3pm-9pm – This is our annual rehearsal event and we will be finishing our show for WCI. All members of the CPMB are required to be in attendance. I should have already received a “Request for Excused Absence” form for any student that has a conflict. If you have questions in regards to this policy please do not hesitate to contact me. I appreciate you understanding.
Thank you again to all of you that have been volunteering to chaperone, work in the concession stand and or to provide dinner for our students on Friday evenings. It is because of the dedication of our Band Family that our program is as successful as it is. I hope everyone has a great and I look forward to seeing everyone this Friday. Go Cougars!