Good evening CPMB family!
I hope this message finds everyone safe as Hurricane Hermine makes it was across the state. As you all know the school district has closed all HCPS tomorrow, Friday September 2. They have also stated that as of tonight, all Friday night events are to proceed as scheduled and that field conditions will be assessed on a school by school basis…which means they will wait until the last possible minute to make that call.
That being said, I would like for all CPMB members to plan on arriving at DHS at by 6:00 pm in matching tie-dye shirts, shorts, hats, CAMEL BAKS, and sneakers. The plan will be to play only in the stands…the field might be OK for the football teams but it will be a nightmare to try and march on. Please also keep in mind that since everyone is coming from home, I ask that everyone eat dinner prior to arriving at DHS.
Should the weather remain “uncooperative” throughout the day I will make the final call on our participation by 3:00 pm. Should we need to cancel, a message will be sent to all CPMB members via email, Facebook and Twitter alerting everyone of the change. Everyone knows how difficult it is to try and predict what the weather be like in 24 hours so please know that I sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this manner. Also know that due to our equipment and instruments, I will error on the side of caution.
Lastly, because the game is “still on” that means we need to make sure we have volunteers in the concession stand, EVEN IF THE BAND DOES NOT ATTEND! Please, please, please, if you already signed up to volunteer for tomorrow’s game, adhere to the schedule posted in Charms unless the game is cancelled.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Again, I thank you for your understanding and cooperation and if I don’t see you tomorrow, I wish everyone a safe and restful 3, 4 or 5 day weekend!
Bruce M. Herrmann Jr
Director of Instrumental Music
Durant High School