I hope everyone had a nice weekend and was able to enjoy the Super Bowl last night. A very big congratulations goes out to the DHS Winterguard!! Their performance on Saturday at Plant City HS earned them a first place finish in their class! The guard continues to improve every day and Ms. Bertossi and I could not be more proud of their hard work and dedication. The winterguard’s next performance will be this Saturday at Riverview High School at 1:38. Please try to attend if you are available to show your support for our color guard! Congrats again folks on a job well done!
Below are some reminders of events coming up this week and next:
* February Booster Meeting, TOMORROW at 6:30 pm — We are still looking for folks that would like to serve our students and program by holding a position on the Booster Board for the 2016/ 2017 school year. I beg you, please do not assume that someone else will volunteer or that someone else would do a better job or that someone else has more time than you. Everyone is busy, everyone has other responsibilities, and I know everyone’s “free” time is very important to them. But, I also know that each and every one of you loves our band program and wants to see its success and numbers continue to grow. If you have questions about a position that interests you or would like to more information about a position, please don’t hesitate to contact Missie Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com.
* Winterguard rehearsal — Tuesday at DHS and Thursday at Mulrennan, both days from 5:30-8:30.
* Wind Ensemble Rehearsal — Thursday from 3:30-5:30 with Dr. Wiedrich from USF. All members are required to be in attendance. This includes percussion. Just a reminder that next week rehearsal is scheduled for Tuesday with Dr. McCutchen.
* Concession Events — This week we have concession events on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Those families that would like volunteer may sign up through Charms. Students, it has been brought to my attention that some of you are signing up to work events and then fail to show up to help. This is a huge problem for me. Folks, when you sign up to work an event people are depending on you being there to work. By not showing up you are leaving your fellow CPMB families shorthanded which then adds work to everyone else’s plate. Please be responsible and when you commit to working a concession event and most importantly, SHOW UP WITH A SMILE!
* Percussion Mini-Camp — Next Wednesday, February 17th from 5:00-8:00. Jeremy will be here to start preparing for next year. All DHS percussion students are required to be in attendance.
* Jazz MPA at King High School — Next Thursday, February 18 at 7:45 in the evening. Admission is free so please come out and support the DHS Jazz Ensemble.
* Solo and Ensemble Festival — Next Friday, February 19th or next Saturday, February 20th. The district has not yet assigned performance date and times, which is why both days are on the calendar. Students, please, please, please communicate to your parents or guardians if you are involved in this event. A checklist and list of reminders will be sent out with next week’s Monday Music Notes.
I believe that is everything…for now at least! Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for all you do and I look forward to seeing a great turn out at tomorrow’s booster meeting!